General terms and conditions
- Deposits are non refundable.
- Non stock or custom orders require 50% min deposit. On completion of the project, the customer shall be required to pay the balance of the payment before we ship of the unit. Failure to pay the balance within two weeks after the completion of the unit may result in the unit being sold elsewhere. Any deposit paid is non-refundable.
- All goods supplied remain the property of [sfx] until full payment has been received.
- All orders posted to UK locations include UK sales taxes. All orders posted to non UK addresses do not include any local tax or duty.
- The customer is responsible for the shipping charges to [sfx].
- If the delivery address is a PO Box please click here before placing the order.
- The customer is responsible for checking that any correspondence from [sfx] is not filtered by spam filters.
- The vast majority of [sfx] products are built on order.
- Delivery time may vary depending on the type of product. It can be between a few days to weeks. For Custom Shop projects it can be a several weeks.
- If you have a specific deadline please contact us before placing your order.
Improve the delivery time There are few simple steps that we found help in speeding up the delivery:
- Check that your PayPal email address is correct and that we can use it to communicate with you.
- Verify that your PayPay registered delivery address is 100% correct and up to date. The data in the web page should match the description e.g. the town field should be specific to the town. Not, for example, the town followed by the post/ZIP code. Instead, the post/ZIP code should go in the post/zip code field.
- Check that you specified the complete address but the address doesn't contain unnecessary information.
- Check that your name and address are written with correct uppercase/lowercase letters. If your name is Fred Smith, avoid writing "FRED SMITH" or "fred smith".
- We do not interpret delivery addresses. We print them on the label exactly as we receive them.
- Please keep an eye on the tracking. Sometimes, local delivery services do not leave a card to inform the recipient of the attempted delivery. The delivery person will ask for a signature.
You can place your order and pay with PayPal using this page.
Custom Shop: UK
BACS bank transfer is the preferred method of payment for the UK. Please contact [sfx] for the bank details.
You can also pay with PayPal. Please read here for more details.
Custom Shop: Worldwide
You can pay with PayPal. Please read here for more details.
Returns, cancellations and refunds
Returns. If, for any reason, you are not entirely happy with an [sfx] product you may return it within 7 days from the date of purchase. Before returning the item, please contact [sfx]. You will receive written confirmation from [sfx]. Do not post the item before receiving an answer to your request.
Cancellations. If you wish to cancel an order before it has been posted to you, please contact us.
Refunds. If you return or cancel and order, you will receive a refund according to the following terms and conditions:
*** IMPORTANT *** PayPal has changed the way it manages the refunds: transaction fees are no longer returned to the seller - regardless the reason. If you ask for a refund, please note that the fees will not be returned to you as it is money held by PayPal that we never received.
In case of a return, if the item is returned in the same conditions you received it, you will receive a refund for the money you paid, minus the shipping charges to you and minus any transaction fee that is not refunded by PayPal.
In case of a cancellation, you will receive a refund for the money you paid minus any transaction fee that is not refunded by PayPal.
For their nature, Custom Shop projects cannot be returned or cancelled.
- When you place an order for a product, you will receive a PayPay receipt.
- If you do not receive a PayPal receipt within a few hours please let us know.
- Please keep the PayPal receipt. It is the proof that your order has been received.
- You will not receive any further communication from [sfx] until your product is ready.
- You can enquire at any time regarding the status of your order.
- A single email enquiry has limited impact on our resources. However, the cumulative effect of multiple enquiries slows down the production considerably. In other words, a high number of enquiries equates to our customers waiting a longer time to receive their units.
- Please note that for security reasons we can only answer to enquries coming from the same email address used to place the order.
example: if you used the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to place the order (i.e. email@example.com is your registered PayPal email address) we will answer to questions about your order only if the questions come from the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer to use another email address, you can send an email from your registered PayPal address asking to use another email address.
example: you place an order using email@example.com but you would like to communicate using firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an email from email@example.com stating: "for further communications I will use the address fred@xyz".
- Deliveries classified as "delivered" by the delivery company, are considered delivered. [sfx] is not responsible for parcel classified as delivered but claimed as not received by the customer.
- The PayPal receipt that you receive when you place the order is your receipt for the purchase.
- If you need a detailed invoice, please contact us (if possible, before or just after you placed the order). We will be happy to send you a separate invoice.
- [sfx] warrant this products for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase against manufacturing defects. The warranty includes parts (excluding footswitches) and labour.
- Modifying or tempering with the unit will invalidate the warranty.
- In no event [sfx] will be liable for any damage resulting from the use of any device or damages due to a fault.
- The warranty does not cover product appearance or damages caused by misuse, abuse or use outside the limits of its specifications.
- The warranty does not cover shipping charges to [sfx].
- We cannot test our units in all possible scenarios. The warranty applies only under [sfx] test conditions (i.e. tests carried out at [sfx]).
If your unit does not operate correctly (constantly or intermittently) in your test environment but it operates correctly under our test conditions, we cannot cover the unit under warranty. A description of the tests carried out at [sfx] for your specific unit is available on request.
- Important: please do not send the unit to [sfx] for repair before contacting [sfx] first. Repairs without confirmation from [sfx] will be refused.
Quotes and estimates
- All quotes and estimates do not include shipping unless indicated otherwise.
- All quotes and estimates are valid fo 60 days unless indicated otherwise.
- All the quotes and estimates are provided on the basis that: you will give us timely and accurate instructions; the order will proceed and conclude as currently envisaged and the scope will not change; and the parties will take a constructive approach.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all [sfx] units require 7-11V DC, regulated power supply. The power socket is 2.1mm, centre negative.
- All [sfx] units are sold without a power supply adapter (PSA).
- Unless indicated otherwise, all [sfx] units do not operate with batteries.
- Custom Shop units that require 220-240V AC (or 110V AC) power supply are sold without mains cable. You will be able to find one locally that matches your mains sockets.
- [sfx] do not sell power supply adapters. We recommend a professional regulated power supply adapter designed for audio and musical applications. Power supply adapters designed for other applications are not recommended and they will have a direct impact on the performance of the unit.
Errors & omissions
We do our best to keep the information on this web site correct and up to date, [sfx] do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the content on this website. We may make changes to the content on this website, the products and prices at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price.